The Emory Black Student Union (EBSU) enhances, celebrates and supports Emory’s Black communities through dedicated space and programs and serves as a resource for African and African Diaspora culture and history.
Through its space and programming, EBSU aims to:
- Provide a sense of belonging for Black students
- Affirm a range of Black identities
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing
- Build connections among students, faculty and administrators across campus and create conduits that connect students to available University services
- Cultivate student growth and support individual development
- Strengthen and support student organizations
- Foster student commitment to equity and justice
- Support solidarity among Black students and with organizations committed to social justice
- Enhance community and cultural appreciation through entertainment
- Fortify the social and educational interaction amongst the Black community and other communities at Emory University, including, students, staff, faculty, and alumni.