Emory's Black Student Union (EBSU) will enhance, celebrate and support Emory’s black communities through dedicated space and programs. Additionally, the EBSU is open to all students at Emory and will serve the Emory community as a resource for African and African Diaspora culture and history.
Through its space and programming, EBSU seeks to:
- Provide a sense of belonging for black students
- Affirm a range of black identities
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing
- Build connections among students, faculty and administrators across campus and create conduits that connect students to available University services
- Cultivate student growth and support individual development
- Strengthen and support student organizations
- Foster student commitment to equity and justice
- Support solidarity among black students and with organizations committed to social justice
- Enhance community and cultural appreciation through entertainment
- Fortify the social and educational interaction amongst the black community and other communities at Emory University, including, students, staff, faculty, and alumni.