In case of an emergency...
Pick up any blue light phone on campus or dial:
- 911 from any phone
- 7-6111 from any campus phone
- 404-727-6111 from a cellular phone
You will then be connected with an emergency dispatcher.
What should you tell the 911 dispatcher?
- Description of the incident.
- Location of the incident: Give a detailed location. Try to indicate if you are on a specific floor of a building or a specific classroom. If possible, have a bystander wait outside the building to direct Emory EMS to the scene.
- Information about the patient.
Remember to stay on the line until the dispatcher hangs up. The dispatcher may need more information from you after dispatching Emory EMS. Speak calmly and slowly.