One of the major additions to the campus featured in this 1949 photograph is the new gymnasium, which opened the previous year. Pictured in the upper left hand corner above the track, the new field house was patterned after the skeleton of an airplane hangar that had been designed to house B-14 bombers. Other new structures include Glenn Memorial Church and the Church School Building, built in 1931, and the business school's Rich Memorial Building, completed in 1947.

Photo courtesy of Special Collections

Return to main story.