Emory and TALX Corp. are partnering again to offer University, Emory Hospitals and Wesley Woods employees an option to receive their W-2s online.
By getting W-2s online, employees won't have to wait for them to be delivered by the post office. All that's required is a simple electronic registration via the web; the Internal Revenue Service has approved the delivery of W-2 statements online with individuals' consent. Also, the online W-2 works with TurboTax and TaxCut home software and with the EzTaxReturn online tax service. Once you're in the software program, just click to download your W-2.
Employees who registered to receive their W-2s online in 2002 do not need to re-register for 2003. Those wishing to cancel their online registration can unsubscribe by visiting www.theworknumber.com or by calling 800-367-2884.
How can I sign up to receive my W-2 online?
· Visit www.theworknumber.com or call 800-367-2884.
· On the home page, select Enter in the Employee box.
· Enter "Employer Code" 11332 in the Login box and click GO.
· Enter your Social Security number (without dashes).
· Enter your PIN, which is the last four digits of your Social Security number plus the month and year of your birthdate; for example, if your Social Security number is 414-42-5731 and your birth date is July 1916, your PIN would be 57310716.
· Select sign-up for Online Delivery Enrollment.
· Read the disclosure and click on Test Now.
· A sample W-2 should appear on your screen. If the sample W-2 does not appear, contact your local support to update your computer's version of Adobe Acrobat.
· Close the sample file and click on "I saw the test W-2, read all of the important information above, and want to receive my original W-2 statement online."
· Complete the consent form with your primary (and secondary) e-mail address, mailing address and home/work phone numbers, then select Continue.
· A verification screen will show; if correct, select Confirm.
The deadline for signing up to receive 2003 W-2s electronically is Friday, Jan. 9, 2004. If you sign up after Jan. 9, your enrollment will be regarded as consent for next year; you can withdrawal your consent at any time. Note: If you elect to receive your W-2 electronically, you will not receive a hard copy of your W-2 in the mail.
In late January, electronic W-2s will be posted on a secure website, well before people normally receive them via the postal service. Those registered to receive their W-2s electronically will receive notification when they are available, along with instructions for retrieval. They also will receive a confirmation e-mail upon enrolling for online delivery.
For help in registering for online W-2 delivery, call 800-996-7566. Be advised that, if your W-2 has an error, you cannot make corrections online. In such an event, call the Emory payroll department at 404-727-6100.