May 31, 2005
Schools honor top faculty/staff
FROm staff reports
In addition to the Emory Williams Award winners some of the University’s schools give out their own teaching awards. 2005 recipients for these teaching citations include:
• Center for Teaching and Curriculum Awards for Excellence in Teaching: Nancy Gourash Bliwise, senior lecturer of psychology; Alex Escobar, senior lecturer of biology; and James Meyer, associate professor of art history.
Goizueta Business School
• Marc F. Adler Prize for
Excellence in Teaching:
Robert Kazanjian, professor of organization and management.
• Donald R. Keough Awards for Excellence: Maryam Alavi, Lucy and John Cook Professor of Information
Strategy, and James Freeman, senior office assistant.
• Modular Executive MBA Distinguished Educator Awards: Richard Makadok, associate professor of organization and management, and Joe Porac, professor of organization and management.
• Weekend Executive MBA Distinguished Educator Award: Jeff Rosensweig,
associate professor of finance.
• MBA Teaching Excellence Awards: Patrick Noonan, associate professor of decision and information analysis, and Kristy Towry, assistant professor of accounting.
• Evening MBA Distinguished Educator Awards: Charlie Goetz, adjunct lecturer, and Steve Walton, associate
professor of decision and
• BBA Distinguished Educator Award: Mary Allison Burdette, assistant professor of business law.
School of Medicine
• Evangeline T. Papageorge Award: Bhagirath Majmudar, professor of pathology.
School of Law
• Most Outstanding Professor Award: John Witte, Jonas Robitscher Professor of Law and Religion.
Rollins School of
• Professors of the Year:
Paul Weiss, associate professor of biostatistics, and David Holtgrave, professor of behavioral sciences and health education
• Thomas F. Sellers Award:
Jay Bernhardt, professor of finance.