May 30 , 2006
2006 Faculty Awards
The following professors received the 2006 Williams Award for Distinguished Teaching, established in 1972
by alumnus Emory Williams:
• Peter Bing, associate professor of classics
• Eric Brussel, associate professor of math & computer science
• Frank Pajares, associate professor of educational studies
• Lucas Carpenter, professor of English
• Henry Moon, assistant professor of organization & management
• Corrine Abraham, instructor of nursing
• Howard Abrams, professor of law
In addition to the Emory Williams Award, the University’s schools give out their own teaching awards. 2006 recipients for these teaching citations include:
• Center for Teaching & Curriculum for Excellence in
Teaching: Eric Goldstein, professor of history and Jewish studies, Richard Rambuss, professor of English, and Eric Weeks, professor of physics.
Goizueta Business School
• Marc F. Adler Prize for Excellence in Teaching: Kristy Towry, assistant professor of accounting;
• Donald R. Keough Awards for Excellence: Julie Barefoot,
associate dean and director of MBA admissions, and Rich Metters,
associate professor of decision and information analysis;
• Modular Executive MBA Distinguished Educators:Rich Makadok, associate professor of organization & management, and Shehzad Mian, associate professor of finance;
• Weekend Executive MBA Distinguished Educator: Rob Kazanjian, professor of organization & management;
• Evening MBA Distinguished Educators: Joe Labianca,
assistant professor of organization & management, and Rich
Metters, associate professor of decision & information analysis;
• BBA Distinguished Educator: Allison Burdette, assistant
professor of business law; and
• Full Time MBA Distinguished Educator: Marty Butler,
assistant professor of accounting, and Nicholas Valerio, associate professor of finance.
School of Medicine
• Evangeline T. Papageorge Award: David Feliciano,
professor of surgery.
School of Law
• Most Outstanding Professor Award: Richard Freer,
professor of law.
Rollins School of Public Health
• Professors of the Year: Jose Binongo, professor of biostatistics; Rob Stephenson, assistant
professor of global health; and
• Thomas F. Sellers Award: Richard Letz (deceased), professor of public health.
Candler School of Theology
• Outstanding Service: David Petersen, professor of religion;
• Excellence in Teaching: Roberta Bondi, professor of religion.