June 9, 2008
Discounts offered for ‘retail’ health services at EHC
Una Hutton Newman is senior associate vice president and chief marketing officer, Emory University and chief marketing officer, Emory Healthcare.
Are you considering a facelift or an eyelift? How about some contact lenses or eyeglasses? Or have you been thinking about getting rid of those eyeglasses forever with LASIK surgery? Maybe you need a jump start on your New Year’s resolution to lose weight? Whatever elective procedures you’re mulling over, why not let Emory help make your dreams come true. Emory offers you an employee discount for a variety of health-related procedures – from breast surgery to body contouring.
These procedures may or may not be covered on your insurance plan but they’re offered at significant discounts to employees and family members. Some specialties even offer free consultations or factor the price of an initial consultation against the procedure costs.
Visit www.emoryhealthcare.org/ departments/employee/retail-services.html to get the details about some of the more popular services Emory offers, including contact information, office hours, discounts available, physician list and more. And when you’re considering some of these exciting services, why not utilize your Healthcare Flexible Spending Account funds, which can be used in some instances, to maximize your benefit dollars.
Practices featured and employee discounts offered for elective procedures include:
• Emory Aesthetic Surgery Center at Paces; 3200 Downwood Circle, Suite 640A, Atlanta, GA 30327; 678-420-7046. (20%)
• Emory Department of Dermatology and Emory Dermatology Aesthetic Center; The Emory Clinic, Building A, 1365 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30322; 404-778-3333. (10%)
• Emory Facial Center; 993-C Johnson Ferry Rd., Suite 215, Atlanta, GA 30342; 404-303-0101. (10%-20%)
• Emory Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; 1365 Clifton Rd. NE, Suite B2300, Atlanta, GA 30322; 404-778-4500. (25% to Emory employees who pay in full at or before service is rendered for self-pay services.)
• Vision & Optical Services (Optometry); 404-778-2020. Eyeglasses: Optical shops in The Emory Clinic, Building B, 1365 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, and at Emory Crawford Long Hospital’s Medical Office Tower, 550 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308; Emory Eye Center, The Emory Clinic, Building B: 404-778-4226; ECLH Medical Office Towers: 404-686-8714. (Eyeglasses: 25% discount for Emory employees and spouses; Contact lenses: 10% volume discount on certain brands.)
• Emory Vision; 875 Johnson Ferry Rd., Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30342; 404-778-2SEE. (25% discount off LASIK, PRK, Epi-LASIK or Advanced Surface Ablation Surgery to employees and immediate family member living at home and domestic partners.)
•Emory Bariatric Center; Office locations: ECLH Medical Office Towers, 550 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308; The Emory Clinic, Building A, 1365 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30322; 404-778-5673. (Waive deposit for medical weight loss programs.)
• Interventional Vascular Radiology; Emory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Rd., Atlanta, GA 30322; 404-712-7033. (25%)
• Emory Vascular Surgery Vein Treatment Center; The Emory Clinic, Building A, 1365 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30322; 404-778-3324. (Discounts range from 25% to 50%.)