Graduate School: How to Apply
The mission of International Student and Scholar Programs (ISSP) is to facilitate global education and cultural exchange at Emory University through services and programs for Emory international students and scholars and the wider community with whom they interact. At present, there is no federal, state or Emory need-based funding available for international students. Check the link to your school provided by the ISSS Emory website to see if there are any non-need based funding opportunities available for your career.
There are student loan options available to international students. As an international student, you may borrow up to full cost of education minus any scholarship/other aid provided you meet the eligibility requirements set forth by the lender.
Please select the following link to review specific borrowing options for Private Educational Loans for International Students: Private Educational Loan Lender List for International Students.
Please note: You are not required to use any of these lenders – the choice of lender is yours.
- The cost of attendance for student loans is set by Emory’s central Financial Aid Office.
- You may only borrow one academic year at a time. You cannot borrow the full cost of the program on one application/promissory note.
The websites below are helpful resources external to Emory used by international students attending United States higher education institutions:
- General guide for foreign students studying in the U.S.
- USA Study Guide
- General web site that aids foreign students in calculating the cost and funding options available in the U.S.
- International Student Exchange and Study Abroad Resource Center
- Online resource providing the international student with information, services and resources regarding postgraduate education opportunities.
- Rotary International
- Global organization geared towards community services that sponsor opportunities for foreign students.
- Scholarship Experts
- Membership based site that helps U.S. and international students find scholarships to attend college in the USA.