When: September 20, 2013 – November 1, 2013
Where: Emory SAAC
Why: Friendly competition to improve health!
How: Register @ www.housing.campuslifetech.org/form2/view.php?id=16543
IRON SAAC Rules:
- The IRON SAAC is a challenge to complete the elements of a full IRONMAN in 6 weeks.
- It will begin September 20, 2013, Friday and go through November 1st, 2013, Friday.
- Download your personal log sheet via the SAAC website. Keep track of your workouts here.
- All log sheets must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on November 1st, 2013. Winners will be notified within 7 days of event completion.
- All activities are to be completed at the SAAC. Biking to and from the SAAC will be counted.
- GetFIT classes do not count.
- Running, cycling and swimming are the components of an IRONMAN:
- Running can include any of the SAAC treadmills or ellipticals.
- Swimming must be done at the SAAC pool. One lap is down and back. Water walking and jogging are permitted.
- Cycling must be done on stand-up or recumbent bikes at the SAAC or you can bike to and from the SAAC.
- First finisher of entire competition
- Second finisher of the entire competition
- Third finisher of the entire competition
- First finisher running portion
- First finisher biking portion
- First finisher swimming portion
- Half-way Award: first patron to complete 50% of all 3 categories
- Most Consistent: patron who books mileage on the most days
- Most Natural: patron who completes events in order (swim, then bike, then run)
- T-shirts for everyone who completes!!! (Must FINISH, not just register!)
- For more information or questions, contact Jenny Lehigh at email@example.com.