The Student Activity & Academic Center offers the opportunity of participation in the Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association (ALTA) a local association serving the metro Atlanta area.
Teams that play at the Student Activity & Academic Center are organized by individual members. The Student Activity & Academic Center can host up to three ALTA teams per fall, winter, spring, and summer seasons. If you are interested in hosting a team please contact the Associate Director of the Student Activity & Academic Center at the below information. Once your team has been given permission to use the Student Activity & Academic Center please contact the Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association at the below information to register your team.
Student Activity & Academic Center:
Student Activity & Academic Center
1946 Starvine Way
Decatur, GA 30033
email | email@example.com
phone | 404.712.2435
fax | 404.712.2449
6849 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
phone | 770.399.5788
website | www.altatennis.org
Team Information & Fees:
- $100.00 Deposit (required before roster deadline)
- $425.00 Facility Fee (required before first practice)
All checks must be made payable to Emory University and can be mailed to the Associate Director or delivered in person to the information desk of the Student Activity & Academic Center or mailed. The Student Activity & Academic Center will also need the contact information of the team captain (name, address, phone number, and email) and all roster and match information.
Note: These fees represent only those associated with the Student Activity & Academic Center. Please contact ALTA for any fees associated with membership or team registration.
All ALTA participants and guests will be required to sign the liability waiver form upon entering the facility.
Visiting ALTA teams will alse be required to sign the liabitlity waiver form upon entering the facility for all matches.
- The Student Activity & Academic Center is a member only facility. While we encourage spectators or guests at matches, they will not be permitted access or usage of the member facilities including: swimming pool, gymnasium, fitness center, etc unless they are members at the Student Activity & Academic Center.
- Parking is available in the Clairmont Parking Deck to ALTA participants only after 4:00pm Monday through Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Teams will be permitted to practice three weeks prior to the start of the ALTA season. Teams will be permitted the usage of two tennis courts once per week for a two hour time period.
- Teams will not be permitted extra practice times and will be requested to adhere to our membership policies listed on our website.
- In the event of inclement weather and a match or practice must be cancelled it is the responsibility of the team to contact only the Associate Director of the Student Activity & Academic Center to reschedule the practice or match.
- While the Student Activity & Academic Center prohibits alcoholic beverages and smoking in the entire facility, other food and drinks are permitted, but it is expected that all ALTA participants place trash in their respective receptacles and moving all tables and chairs to their orginal location at the conclusion of all practices and matches.
- Ice and First Aid supplies are available to ALTA participants, but the Student Activity & Academic Center does not supply refreshment coolers.