The Student Activity & Academic Center asks that all patrons cooperate with these policies & procedures at all times to ensure safety in the building.
Facility Policies & Procedures:
- Appropriate shirt & shoes must be worn at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. An adult is at least 18 years old.
Gymnasium Policies & Procedures:
- Appropriate clothing is required for activity.
- Non-marking tennis or basketball shoes are required.
- Abuse of the gymnasium is prohibited (i.e. hanging on rims).
- Badminton and volleyball setups should be refered to the information desk.
- Indoor soccer and floor hockey is prohibited.
- The Student Activity & Academic Center is not responsible for valuables or personal property brought into the facility.
Fitness Center Policies & Procedures:
- Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- No open toed shoes or sandals may be worn in the fitness area.
- Please do not bring bags into the workout area.
- Patrons should wipe sweat off of the equipment when finished.
- Headphones are discouraged when using free weights.
- Spotters are encouraged when using free weights.
- Slamming or dropping free weights are prohibited.
- Do not set weights on padded benches between sets.
- Dumbbells must be returned to proper rack after use.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to use the fitness area.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 16 may use the fitness area, but must be supervised by an adult over the age of 18.
- Children over the age of 16 may use the fitness area without adult supervision.
- Please report any broken or malfunctioning equipment to the information desk.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in suspension of privileges.
For Aquatics Center Policies & Procedures please click here.
NO ENTRY AFTER HOURS
- Students caught inside the fence when the facility is closed will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct as an alleged violation of the Undergraduate Code of Conduct.
- Students found responsible for trespassing in this way may receive sanctions that include Disciplinary and/or Housing Probation and loss of all SAAC privileges for one calendar year.
- The existence of a conduct record with the University may affect an applicant's candidacy for addmission to graduate or professional school.
- For your safety, please stay out of the SAAC when it is closed.