Application | Additional Information
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Learn all aspects of the daily operations of Clairmont Campus to ensure a
successful stay for graduate residents and visitors to campus.
- Attend mandatory
weekly staff meetings to discuss Clairmont Campus plans and concerns.
all resident and guest check-in and check-out materials.
- Adhere to assigned
- Deliver mail in the SAAC mailroom once or twice per week.
- Complete mail forwarding as needed.
- Perform daily customer service operations
such as handling resident/participant/guest check-in and check-out, explain
policies and procedures, give directions,
handle lock outs, and report specific needs/concerns of residents/participants/guests
to the appropriate staff members.
- Serve as a resource/referral
person for Clairmont Campus residents, SIHP participants, and community
guests by responding to requests
for information about Emory, the Atlanta community, and Clairmont
- Answer telephone inquiries and messages, log packages
for Clairmont Campus residents and SIHP participants, maintain
package log book
at Clairmont Campus
Community Office, assist with key management, and other duties
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests by contacting
the appropriate person(s).
- Be on-call as assigned and accept
responsibility for assigned on-call days including weekends, holidays and
- Complete Room Condition Reports (RCRs) and Common
Area Reports (CARs) for GRC residents.
- Submit, track,
and follow up on work orders, damage assessments, and billing paperwork
for damages to the
apartments at Clairmont
- Regularly check staff mailbox, voicemail,
personal email account, and staff Learnlink sites as outlined
- Report any defects or damages to residents’
and participants’ apartments including necessary
repairs and keeping
accurate records of
- Attend a mandatory training session
during spring semester (TBA).
- Help to plan and facilitate at least one
community activity every 3-4 weeks under
the direction of
the GRC Summer RHD.
- Assist Residence Life
and Housing staff in preparations for all aspects of fall move-in
of graduate residents
and guests at Clairmont
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be an Emory or Oxford student in good academic and judicial standing.
be able to commit to the entire summer dates of employment (May 16-August
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- At the time the applications are
due you must have rising junior, senior, or graduate student status.
possess an excellent customer service work ethic.
Dates of employment are Friday, May 16 – Friday, August 22, 2008.
Each Summer Staff member will be allowed one four-day (consecutive) vacation
period during the summer upon prior approval from the Director of Clairmont
Campus. The time away must be taken during a “slower” time during the summer.
Only a limited number of Summer Staff Members will be permitted to be gone
at one time.
- Spring Training: TBD
- Move-in: Wednesday, May 14 - Thursday, May 15, 2008
- Training: Friday, May 16 - Wednesday, May
- Last day: Friday, August 22, 2008
- Each Summer Staff member will be paid a stipend of $1750 for the summer, paid
in four installments of $437.50 at the end of May, June, July, and August.
Since you are not considered a full-time student during the summer, you will
be subject to all federal and state taxes, including FICA.
- Each Summer Staff
member will be housed in the Graduate Residential Center. Remuneration
for this position does include free housing. You must live in this room to
be available for on-call duties and
- Free telephone
installation, voice mail service, Ethernet, and local telephone service
- This position does not guarantee housing at Clairmont
Campus during the academic year.
- Summer Staff members are considered to be Residence Life & Housing staff members, not student employees, and no formal relationship exists
between Summer Staff members and the University.
Please submit the following to apply:
- A completed application form. Please downloadthe application here (PDF).
Back to Top
For additional information, please contact:
Clairmont Campus Community Office
Emory University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-8830 | Fax: (404) 727-8835