- Scheduling shifts for up to 18 Conference Managers on a weekly basis.
* Ensure that over the course of the entire summer all Conference Managers are working approximately the same number of hours.
* Be sure to rotate Conference Managers on linen and desk shifts so that the staff members get to know each other and that groupings are fluid, not static.
* Respond to staff requests for time away from campus.
* Communicate with Conference Coordinators and all Conference Managers to gather information concerning amount of staff needed for each Office of University Conferences commitment
- Assigning monthly on-call schedule for the Conference Managers.
- Maintaining entire key inventory.
- Maintaining and updating key logs.
- Monitoring and ensuring cleanliness of Alabama Key Closet.
- Reporting any lost keys (both room keys and building keys) to the appropriate Conference Managers so that they can bill conference groups as needed.
- Notifying FMD Lock Shop of all needed lock changes.
- Reporting all key concerns to Conference Managers, Assistant Directors, or Directors.
- Maintaining entire parking pass inventory. Coordinate with Conference Managers for use of the parking passes.
- Serving as a liaison with Alternative Transportation to schedule any shuttle services needed for conference guests.
- Serving as a liaison with Emory Police Department and the Parking Services Office to coordinate assistance in special events, check-ins, and check-outs.
- Compiling and distributing all bills for shuttle services, keys, and parking passes.
- Setting up all Information Desks at the beginning of the summer. Coordinate take-down of Information Desks at the end of the summer, including storage of all items.
- Developing operating procedures for the Conference Information Desks to include: opening/closing responsibilities, mail receipt/delivery logs, telephone message pads, cash box, laundry soap sales log, phones and phone sales log, concierge information, and log book.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all Conference Information Desks. Visit all desks on a weekly basis to check status and to pick up cash.
- Responding to daily messages or notes left in the Information Desk Logs by the Conference Managers.
- Any additional duties relating to parking, shuttles, desk operations, and keys.
* Emory Police Department
* Emory Alternative Transportation and Parking Services
* Emory Facilities Management Lock Shop
* Office of Residence Life & Housing
Office of University ConferencesEmory University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-0428 | Fax: (404) 727-4774