Conference Manager One
This is a dual report position to the Senior Director of Food Service Administration.
The Food Services, Prox Cards & Transportation Manager responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all meals for conference guests, including dining at the DUC Food Court, Cox Hall Food Court, and Emory University Catering. Includes the set-up of all meal plans.
- Prepares and maintains a list of conferences and expected guest numbers at meals. Provides this information to the DUC Food Court personnel on a weekly basis.
- Informs the Conference Coordinators of anticipated staffing needs at the DUC Food Court.
- Establishes a good working relationship with and arranges services provided by on-campus service contractors. Reserves and confirms services in a timely manner. Ensures the provider has adequate time to prepare for and to provide services.
- Develops an understanding of each vendor’s policies, procedures, concerns, issues, and needs.
- Follows up to confirm costs and other information with all vendors.
- Acts as a liaison between the Conference Staff and members of Food Services.
- Works closely with Manager IV to ensure that catering requests are coordinated with the appropriate room reservations. Also ascertains that appropriate numbers of tables and chairs are present for each event.
- Maintains prox card inventory. Determines which groups need meal privileges for the DUC Food Court and Cox Hall Food Court.
- Reports any lost prox cards to the approrpirate Conference Assistants in order to reflect the correct information on groups' conferences bill.
- Reports all prox card concerns to Conference Assistants, Conferences Coordinators, and Directors.
- Any additional duties relating to prox cards.
- Maintains entire parking pass inventory. Coordinates with Conference Assistants for use of the parking passes, including determining how many passes and the location of the passes conference groups will need.
- Serves as a liaison to Alternative Transportation to schedule any shuttle services needed for conference guests.
- Serves as a liaison to Emory Police Department and the Parking Services office to coordinate assistance in special events, check-ins, and check-outs.
- Compiles and distributes all bills for parking passes and shuttle services.
- Any additional duties relating to scheduling, parking, or shuttles.
- Food Services Liaison Office
- Emory University Catering
- Emory Card Office
- Emory Facilities Management Lock Shop
- Emory Police Department
- Emory Alternative Transportation and Parking Services
Back to Top
For additional information, please contact:
Office of University Conferences
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-0428 | Fax: (404) 727-4774
Emory University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Back to Top