Conference Manager One
This is a dual report position to the Senior Director of Food Service Administration.
The Food Services, Prox Cards & Transportation Manager responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all meals for conference guests, including dining at the Dobbs Market, Cox Hall Food Court, and Emory University Catering. Includes the set-up of all meal plans.
- Prepares and maintains a list of conferences and expected guest numbers at meals. Provides this information to the Dobbs Market personnel on a weekly basis.
- Informs the Conference Coordinators of anticipated staffing needs at the DUC Food Court.
- Establishes a good working relationship with and arranges services provided by on-campus service contractors. Reserves and confirms services in a timely manner. Ensures the provider has adequate time to prepare for and to provide services.
- Develops an understanding of each vendor’s policies, procedures, concerns, issues, and needs.
- Follows up to confirm costs and other information with all vendors.
- Acts as a liaison between the Conference Staff and members of Food Services.
- Works closely with Manager 3 to ensure that catering requests are coordinated with the appropriate room reservations and ascertains that appropriate numbers of tables and chairs are present for each event.
- Maintains prox card inventory.
- Determines which groups need meal privileges for the Dobbs Market and Cox Hall Food Court.
- Reports any lost prox cards to the approrpirate Conference Assistants in order to reflect the correct information on groups' conferences bill.
- Reports all prox card concerns to Conference Assistants, Conferences Coordinators, and Directors.
- Any additional duties relating to prox cards.
- Maintains entire parking pass inventory. Coordinates with Conference Assistants for use of the parking passes, including determining how many passes and the location of the passes conference groups will need.
- Serves as a liaison to Alternative Transportation to schedule any shuttle services needed for conference guests.
- Serves as a liaison to Emory Police Department and the Parking Services office to coordinate assistance in special events, check-ins, and check-outs.
- Compiles and distributes all bills for parking passes and shuttle services.
- Any additional duties relating to scheduling, parking, or shuttles.
- Food Services Liaison Office
- Emory University Catering
- Emory Card Office
- Emory Police Department
- Emory Alternative Transportation and Parking Services
Back to Top
For additional information, please contact:
Office of University Conferences
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-0428 | Fax: (404) 727-4774
Emory University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Back to Top