Conference Manager Two
The Building Preparation Manager responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Confirms that the Office is not double-booking buildings or rooms. This should be done well in advance so that if a problem does come up, it is still early enough to relocate a conference.
- Plans building/room set-up and tear-down to accommodate all scheduled conferences. Also organizes and supervises building shifts.
- Works cooperatively with Conference Assistants to ensure all rooms and buildings are properly prepared for guests’ arrival. This entails arranging meetings with the Conference Assistant for each conference to determine the amount of linens that will be needed and if any special needs must be met prior to the arrival of a particular conference.
- Verifies that the staff has all necessary supplies for building shifts (linen, tchotchke, toilet paper, etc.) and reorders supplies as needed.
- Maintains complete and accurate linen inventory and directs staff to correct areas for linen needs. Also, schedules linen pick-up and delivery with the off-campus laundry service. At the conclusion of the summer, completes a full linen inventory in preparation for the following summer.
- Keeps Custodial staff and Campus Services informed of occupancy, and ensures that all rooms are cleaned before guest arrival.
- Develops a relationship with the Custodial staff, Campus Services staff and laundry service staff. Establishing and maintaining a good rapport with these groups is essential.
- Coordinates the entire linen exchange process to include the removal of soiled linens promptly from guests’ rooms, the pick-up of these linens by the laundry service, and then the delivery of clean linens to Conferences linen closets.
- Coordinates conference groups’ weekly linen exchanges as needed.
- Maintains linen inventory by ensuring sufficient clean stock and discarding worn or unusable items.
- Maintains control of Conference vehicles by tracking mileage and ensuring proper sign-out.
- Coordinates on-road training and instruction on driving the Conference vans.
- Checks the vehicles regularly to refuel and inspect for damages; also submits appropriate paper work for all vehicle damages.
- Follows up on and distributes all bills related to building usage.
- Coordinates billing and remediation of all damages in Residence Halls.
- Any additional duties relating to building usage, laundry services, and van control.
- Custodial Services
- Off-Campus Laundry Service
- Office of Residence Life & Housing
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Campus Services
Back to Top
For additional information, please contact:
Office of University Conferences
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-0428 | Fax: (404) 727-4774
Emory University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Back to Top