Residence Hall Director Fellows work with Residence Life & Housing staff
members and the hall residents to facilitate an environment within the residence
hall that will contribute to the intellectual, social, physical, moral, and
cultural development of the students. The Residence Hall Director articulates
to the students the philosophy and policies of the Office of Residence Life & Housing, other Campus Life Departments, the College, and other Departments and
Divisions within the University and, in turn, represents and presents the needs
of the students to the administration. The Residence Hall Director role is
one of leadership, trust, and honor and contributes significantly to the personal
growth and development of the staff member and his/her paraprofessional staff
and hall residents.
Interns have a unique experience. They are employed by the Office of Residence Life & Housing, and they also work for 20 hours a week in another Campus Life Department. Positions are available in Residence Life, Admissions, Student Activity & Academic Center (at Clairmont Campus), University Conferences, the Alumni Office, Volunteer Emory, and Student Health Services.
- Applications are due Friday, February 13, 2009.
- Residence Life Interviews for select candidates will take place from Tuesday, February 17 - Monday, February 23, 2009.
- Residence Life Finalists will be notified on Tuesday, February 24, 2009.
- Interviews with University departments will take place between Monday, March 2 and Monday, March 23, 2009.
- RHD Fellows will be notified by Monday, March 30, 2009.
Preference for RHD Fellow positions will be given to applicants with experience as a RA and/or with Residence Hall Association (RHA). Other undergraduate experience or involvement with programming and student groups may be sufficient.
Candidates who are available to work for an academic year (July through May) are given preference. A limited number of summer positions are available with assignment priority given to experienced returning staff.
All candidates who are selected for the RHD Fellow position must be available to begin employment in late July 2009 for staff training activities.
- Salary of $14,000 (10 month contract)
- Furnished, air-conditioned on-campus apartment within an assigned residence hall. (All utilities, local telephone, cable and internet service are provided.)
- Opportunities for summer employment
- Vacation time of two weeks during the winter break holiday period
Complete applications can be sent to the address below; however, due to delays in campus mail, persons mailing their applications are urged to do so early to ensure delivery. Additionally, applications can be brought to Alabama Hall and left with the receptionist or submitted electronically to Kayla Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are sorry, but we will not accept faxed applications. You will receive notification once we receive your completed application.
For additional information please contact:
Kayla Hamilton, Associate Director of Residence Life
Office of Residence Life & Housing
DUC/Drawer B Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-7631 Fax: (404) 727-4774