SAAC Graduate Assistant
The primary function of the Graduate Assistant at the Student Activity and Academic Center (SAAC-GA) is to coordinate front desk operations, assist with student staff training and scheduling and customer service. The SAAC-GA will plan, organize and execute operation duties aimed at approximately 1500 undergraduate students, 14 university guests, and four faculty members who reside on our campus, and the approximately 3000 members of the SAAC that is made up of families and children. All currently enrolled Emory students are members of the SAAC.
This is a part-time, 30-hour per week, live-in graduate assistantship position with a semester stipend.
- Applications are due Monday, March 18, 2013.
- Interviews for select candidates will take place from Monday, March 25 - Friday, March 29, 2013.
- Decisions will be made and communicated to applicants by Friday, April 5, 2013.
Responsibilities for the SAAC-GA (Operations Manager) include:
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of the SAAC front desk operations and assisting in customer service;
- Assisting with updating any front desk policy and procedures;
- Assisting with membership sales, locker sales, front desk entry control, and general information;
- Assisting with SAAC Information Desk procedures for sports equipment rental and student services;
- Assisting Assistant Director with the maintenance and ordering of new equipment;
- Assisting with postal delivery procedures for Clairmont Campus residents involving package pick up, notification and receiving from campus residents when they arrive at front desk;
- Assisting with cash register procedures, reconciliation, and documentation at front desk.
Lock Outs & Key Management:
- Supervising student staff with daily resident lockouts and performing lock outs as necessary for residents of Clairmont Campus;
- Assisting with Clairmont Campus residents' lockout billing on a weekly basis;
- Assisting residents with room lock changes for lost keys;
- Assisting with key management for vendors.
- Coordinating access control with Card Services and the associated software at the SAAC front desk;
- Processing work requests and follow up with Campus Services;
- Assisting with maintaining facility usage totals and facility headcounts via student managers;
- Assisting with locker rental procedures including policies and procedures, database maintenance, and locker clean-out;
- Assisting Associate and Assistant Directors with general administrative dutie, including (but not limited to): revenue tabulations, preparation of reports and forms for special programs, and surveys;
- Performing responsibilities as assigned.
- Assisting with training, supervising, and scheduling student staff for SAAC operations;
- Serving in SAAC on-call weekend rotation. Serves as the professional person on call from Friday 5:00pm until Monday 8:00pm every 4 weeks;
- Maintaining inventory and preparing orders of facility supplies;
- Assisting with set-ups for events in the SAAC as needed;
- Serving as a manager on-duty for the recreation facility. This includes (but is not limited to): serving as a first responder for emergency situations and providing emergency care, providing custormer service, resolving conflicts, and making decisions and judgments regarding facility usage.
All applicants for the Graduate Assistant position with the Student Activity and Academic Center at Emory University must have received a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and must be enrolled in a full-time graduate program while employed.
Candidates currently enrolled in a Master's Degree program in recreation and sports administration, business, higher education education, or student personnel will be given preference.
Currently, the compensation and benefits package for the Graduate Assistant position includes the following:
- Stipend of $10,000 (11-month contract)
- Furnished, air-conditioned on-campus apartment. (All utilities, local telephone, cable and internet service, and campus parking are provided.)
- Health benefits and insurance
Please submit the following to apply:
- A completed application form (Download here)
- A resume and cover letter
- Two completed letters of reference
- An official undergraduate transcript
Complete applications can be sent to the address below; however, due to possible delays in campus mail, persons mailing their applications are urged to do so early to ensure delivery. Additionally, applications can be brought to the Student Activity and Academic Center and left at the information desk or submitted electronically to Mark Fifield at email@example.com.
For additional information please contact:
Mark Fifield, Assistant Director
Student Activity and Academic Center
1946 Starvine Way / Decatur, GA 30033
Phone: (404) 712-2456 Fax: (404) 712-2449
Back to Top