Residence Life & Housing Housing Selection Guide
General Information
Housing Selection: Get Started
Housing Options
Housing Policies/Procedures
Quick Links
Selection Calendars
Housing Appeals
Housing Contracts/ Policies

Room Changes
Housing Appeals
Other Policies

Room Changes


Pre -Move-In Room Changes
If you decide that you want a different room or roommates, you may log on to your MyHousing web page and submit a room change request. Room changes may be processed between room selection periods but are generally addressed after room selection is ocmplete. Undergraduate students may change rooms up until August 1. Please note that you may not submit a room change request a change for another person; for example, if your current roommate wishes to room change with you, he/she will need to also submit a request.

If you are trying to "swap" rooms with another person - you going into his/her current assignment and he/she going into your current assignment - each student who is moving must write individually; it is not necessary for roommates or suitemates who are not moving to write.

Room changes will be processed for upperclass students weekly and will continue through through August 1. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your room change request; you will be notified via email when your request has been processed.

Academic Year Room Changes
If you would like to request a room change after you have moved in to your room or apartment, you may contact a Residence Life staff member in your building to make a change and/or submit a change request through your MyHousing page; room changes are not centralized through the Housing Office in Alabama Hall during the academic year so MyHousing requests are routed back to your building's Residence Life staff.