VNMRJ3.2 Printer installation
Note: August 27, 2013
Hardware: HP laser printer with an USB printer port. PC (without printer port, but there are three USB ports available for the printer).
After linux and VNMRJ 3.2 installated, lp /etc/passwd is working properly - OS printing is OK. But cannot print the NMR spectrum.
- Installed a new HP laser printer. Using USB port.
- Check if the lp printing is working? Lp /etc/passwd
- At the system (linux) --> Administration --> Printing --> in the table, find the printer (HP-laserjet-P2035, set it as default printer. Disable all the network printers.
- Login vnmr1 use vnmrj admin --> management --> printer. Delete all old printers, by select it and click delete selected. Then add a new printer.
- After adding the new printer: hplaserjet_pl (for vnmrj plot), and HP-LaserJet-P2035 (for linux), click them, they will become yellow (highlighted). Check their parameters:
For VNMRj Plotter configuration:
Letter, width 215.9 mm Height 279.4 mm PCL Resolution 300 line width 1 mono
Left 14.5, right 14.5 and top 14.5 bottom 14.5 landscape.
- Test the printer: lp in terminal, printing at the window applications, and vnmrj for pl pscale page, as well as printon dgs printoff.