Quantities and Units
- Name the conventional and the SI
units for each of the following quantities.
- Explain the relationship between exposure
and distance to the source of radiation.
- Discuss the general concept of the radiation quantity, exposure,
and its relationship to photon concentration and intensity.
- Explain the relationship between exposure and air
- Express an exposure of 5 Roentgens in appropriate SI
- Compare and explain differences in the amount of radiation delivered
to a patient when the exposure in one case is 5 Roentgens to a 100 cm2
area and in the other case, 1 Roentgen to a 500 cm2 area.
- Discuss the concept and significance of surface
integral exposure (Exposure-Area Product).
- Describe the relationship between absorbed
dose and exposure in soft tissue and
- Express an absorbed dose of 3 rads
in appropriate SI units.
- Discuss the concept and significance of integral
- Discuss the concept and significance of dose
- Express a dose equivalent of 100
millirems in appropriate SI units.
the concept of effective dose and
generally how it is determined.
the significance of tissue weighting factors.
Physical Principles of Medical Imaging, 2ndEd. Perry
Sprawls. Medical Physics