Late Night Events
- Cox Hall officially closes at 2am.
- Emory Catering must have a person on premise and they are paid at a rate of $25.00 an hour by the group or organization hosting the event. This is only for events that run between 11pm and 2am.
- Events between 11pm and 2am must have an Emory police officer hired by the group or organization hosting the event. This is to prevent non-Emory students and underage drinking. The group or organization hosting the event is required to pay for this service as well as make the arrangements.
- There is a fire code limit to Cox Hall 3rd floor of 350 people including any and all event staff and catering staff.
- If there is wine or beer offered please see section ALCOHOL POLICY.
- There must be an Emory faculty or staff chaperone, age 21 or over, to supervise the entire event including the card scanning. It is recommended that student organizations use a chaperone recognized by OSLS (Office of Student Leadership & Service) and familiar with Campus Life Policies.
- Each person that is 21 must be wrist banded and there must be an Emory Card reader to scan the cards. The group must pick up the charge on the scanner and the time for the person manning the scanner from the EmoryCard office. There will be an EmoryCard person present to make sure the equipment is operating. This charge is $50.00 per reader.
- The wine or beer must not exceed 2- 4oz glasses of wine or 2- 12 oz beers per person. The wine and beer must be poured by a hired bar tender that is approved and paid by Emory Catering. The wine and beer must be delivered 24 hours before the event and stored by Emory Catering. There must be a determined or expected number of attendees that will possibly be eligible to drink so the amount of alcohol purchased does not exceed the above per person amount.
All meeting and event spaces are reserved through Meeting Services.
All catering for Cox Hall and 1599 Building is done through Emory Catering. For more information or to place a catering order, visit the Emory Catering website.