Please notify Dining Services of any special dietary needs so we may provide you with the information and resources to make informed healthy dining decisions: CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A DIETITIAN TODAY
Emory University offers a number of menu items suitable for diners with special dietary needs. Wherever possible, we will mark these selections on our menus with the symbols indicated below.
- Dairy-Free: For individuals with lactose intolerance stemming from reduced levels or a complete lack of the enzyme lactase. People with severe lactose deficiency cannot eat any dairy products, including milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, some margarines and butter.
- Vegan: Excludes animal products of any type, including eggs, dairy, and in some cases, honey.
- Vegetarian: Excludes meat, poultry and fish.
- Kosher: Foods which are considered fit for consumption according to traditional Jewish law. Foods with Diet Plan K satisfy these diet requirements.
- Gluten Free: excludes wheat grain, barley grain, and rye grain.
Please do not start a special diet before consulting with your doctor or a registered dietitian.
If you need additional assistance finding the right types of foods for you, please reach out to your Emory Dining manager or chef.
If you have dietary questions, please contact us so we can help! We have registered dieticians ready to answer your questions and help you make healthy choices.