Goals for 2014–2015 Academic Year
- Pilot an innovative waste diversion program at Cox Hall with increased customer education and a streamlined recycling and composting system
- Work towards implementing pre- and post-consumer composting in all Dining facilities on campus
- Provide 100% Fair Trade coffee and tea in all locations
- Identify opportunities to expand compostable to-go containers
- Work towards goal of procuring 75% of food locally and/or sustainably by 2015
Sustainability at Emory University
The sustainability practices of Emory Dining are only a portion of Emory University's sustainability initiatives. For more information about Emory's Office of Sustainability Initiatives, click here.
Emory's sustainability vision sets an ambitious goal of 75 percent local or sustainably grown food in the hospitals and cafeterias by 2015. Sustainably grown food attends to environmental health, worker welfare and wages, and farm viability, as well as taste and nutrition.