Candler School of Theology
Candler School of Theology is one of few theological schools with equally strong commitments to the church and the university—to the preparation of ministers and other religious leaders and the education of outstanding academic scholars in religion. The church trusts Candler to train excellent leaders; the academy looks to Candler and Emory University for outstanding teachers and scholars.
The generosity of Candler’s alumni and friends continues to strengthen the school. Philanthropy helps students finance their education, enables the best instructional technology, supports faculty teaching and research, promotes lifelong learning, strengthens relationships with Christian churches, and opens Candler’s doors wide to the world.
Alumni and friends who invest in Candler School of Theology help Candler build upon its clear strengths in educating active religious leaders and first-rate scholars, says Jan Love, dean and professor of Christianity and world politics. Philanthropy is helping Candler become the centering institution for Emory, a world leader in theological education.
The school’s top fund-raising priorities are outlined below.
• Build the Theology School Fund for Excellence, which will provide student support
• Increase endowed gifts for student scholarships and stipends
• Encourage giving to international exchange programs
• Increase endowment funding for programs and curriculum development
• Recruit and support faculty with endowed professorships
• Strengthen the Lifelong Learning program to ensure that congregations and their leaders benefit from continuing education