Athletics - Sports at Emory
Emory attracts top student athletes who seek to reach their highest levels of collegiate academic, athletic and personal growth:
- Emory is one of just a handful of schools in the nation to rank in the top in both the Directors' Cup of the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics for best all-around athletics program and the U.S. News & World Report rankings of best national universities.
- Emory students distinguish themselves outside the classroom. Emory has now been awarded 92 postgraduate scholarships over the school's history, and its 75 since 2000 are more than any other NCAA institution except Stanford, which entered the spring season with 76 NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships since 2000. | See postgraduate scholarship award winners
- The Emory Eagles distinguish themselves in competition, with 17 NCAA Division III national championships and a host of strong seasonal finishes. | See varsity team rankings
Emory also has an "athletics for all" philosophy, inviting all students to participate through Play Emory programs including:
18 Varsity Teams
Emory's varsity teams compete within NCAA Division III, whose members do not award athletic scholarships or give preferential treatment to student athletes.
Some 350 student athletes compete in 18 varsity sports.
Men's Varsity Sports
Baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, and track and field
Women's Varsity Sports
Basketball, cross country, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, and volleyball
The Emory Eagles are cheered on by a mascot named Swoop. Go Eagles!
NJCAA at Oxford College
Oxford College athletes compete in the National Junior College Athletic Association.
Where We Play and Compete
The athletics and recreation program is based at George W. Woodruff Physical Education Center (WoodPEC).
Additional facilities include:
- Student Activity and Academic Center (SAAC) on Clairmont campus
- Blomeyer Health Fitness Center (faculty and staff only)
The Oxford College campus houses the Williams Gymnasium and facilities.