Emory's renowned faculty develop hundreds of innovations every year. Our researchers apply distinctive expertise to pursue intellectual passions with the primary goals of solving problems and helping society. Breakthrough research highlights include:
- The invention of Emtriva (emtricitabine) and 3TC (lamivudine), drugs taken by more than nine in 10 HIV patients in the United States who are on lifesaving therapy
- The application of virtual reality therapy to treat phobias, addictions and post-traumatic stress
- The creation of the Emory Cardiac Toolbox, software that allows better disgnosis of imminent heart attacks risks
This chart demonstrates how Emory researchers develop innovations across the spectrum of types of technologies (fiscal year 2012).
Students may apply for internships to learn about technology valuation, patenting, marketing and licensing.
Technology Transfer: Intern Program
Explore Our Discoveries
The Office of Technology Transfer works with partners to help the public benefit more directly and quickly from Emory-based discoveries through patent protection, marketing, license negotiation and start-ups. Revenues received are reinvested into research.
- Success Stories
- Featured Innovations
- Start-up Portfolio
- Product Pipeline
- Facts and Figures
- Annual Reports
- Celebration of Technology and Innovation: This annual event recognizes notable innovations, deals and start-ups.
- Breakfast Club: These semiannual gatherings introduce promising technologies to potential investors.