Visitor Visas

Emory University encourages academic and administrative units to invite international scholars for short periods of time to perform various services and activities for the University. Most often, these visitors will come to the U.S. in a visitor status, whether B-1 visitor for business, B-2 visitor for pleasure, WB visa waiver for business, or WT visa waiver for tourism. In most cases it is appropriate to provide travel reimbursements, honoraria, and other payments to them.

The Office of the Controller provides valuable assistance to the various units of the University on navigating the rules and regulations for making these payments using University Accounts Payable and Travel and Expense applications. Including them in discussions regarding invitations and proposed payments will ensure that you have the necessary information and follow the required procedures to process timely payments.