Travel Information

If you are planning to travel outside the United States, don't forget that you should take a few minutes to examine all your documents in order to avoid any unexpected delays in departing the U.S., re-entering your home country, visiting elsewhere, or returning after your travels.

If your travel signature has expired, you can obtain a new travel signature from ISSS during regular walk-in hours.

Please note if you are taking a cruise to any of the adjacent Caribbean islands, upon your return, verify with the customs officer that your I-94 information has been entered. If an entry stamp has not been added to your passport, politely request one before leaving the booth.

If you are a F-1 or J-1 student, and you are in possession of an I-20 or DS-2019 issued by Emory, familiarize yourself with the student travel information section on our website. If your visa has expired, you will need to plan to obtain a new visa in advance of your return to the US. Please note: if you are a student subject to a security clearance because of your major (STEM related fields), ask your academic advisor to prepare a brief letter describing the nature of your research.

If you are a J-1 research scholar, professor, specialist, or short-term scholar and are in possession of a DS-2019 issued by Emory, visit the scholar travel section. You will find all the information you need to travel safely. Remember that you will require a signature on your DS-2019 by an Alternate Responsible Officer in the ISSS office before you depart the U.S.

If you are an H-1B temporary worker, visit the H-1B travel section.

Lost or outdated I-20 or DS-2019