Changing Between Full-Time and Part-Time Employment

ISSS must be notified in advance of change in FTE (Full-Time Employment) whether it be a change from full-time to part-time or vice versa. Because a change in FTE is considered a substantial change in employment conditions, ISSS will be required to file an amendment O-1 before the change in FTE may occur. Therefore it is important that the hiring department submit a request to sponsor you for an amendment in your O-1 employment.

You and the department should follow the instructions outlined in requesting an amendment.

The department should complete a Change in FTE form and compose a letter of notification to ISSS and send it to ISSS

Since a change in FTE requires filing an O-1 petition, you and department should follow the instructions under amend/extend.