Incidental Employment

O-1s, like most non-immigrant temporary workers, are not authorized for incidental employment beyond the employment authorized when filing the O- petition. If you have been offered temporary work or would receive payment beyond normal travel reimbursement expenses, please notify an ISSS scholar advisor immediately. An advisor can determine whether such incidental employment and payment for such employment can be authorized.

You may not accept honorariums to be paid by an entity other than the current employer. Only normal and customary travel expenses may be reimbursed to the O-1 for an occasional lecture, consultation or scholarly activity performed elsewhere in the United States.