Transferring From Emory

As an F-1 student, you are eligible to transfer to another DHS-approved school either during your current program of study or upon completion of that program (in order to begin a new program at the other school).

In order for ISSS to transfer your SEVIS record to your new school, you should:

• Inform your international student advisor that you wish to transfer to another school.

• Provide your international student advisor with a copy of your admission letter from the new school.

• Discuss and determine with your international student advisor and the Designated School Official (DSO) from your new school when Emory should release your SEVIS record to your new school.

• Report to the DSO at your new institution within 15 days of the program start date on your new I-20. This completes the transfer procedure.