An F-1 student is eligible to transfer to another DHS-approved school if the student has maintained valid legal status, has carried a full course of study at the school last attended, intends to pursue a full course of study at the new school and can provide financial documentation required to attend the new school.
If you will transfer FROM Emory University to a new institution:
• Inform ISSS that you intend to transfer to another school
• Provide your International Student Advisor with a copy of your admission letter
• Discuss and determine with your International Student Advisor and the DSO from your new school when Emory University should release your SEVIS record to your new school. Keep in mind that once your record has been released to another school, Emory cannot access your record and consequently cannot reverse the release. Therefore, it is imperative that you be certain of your admission status and of your decision to transfer to a given school.
• Ask your International Student Advisor to sign the Transfer Clearance Form from the new institution if required, and to release your record in SEVIS on a given date.
• Report to the Designated School Official at the new institution within 15 days of the program start date on your new I-20 to complete the transfer procedure.