What We Do
The Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University serves Emory University by:
- Promoting effective governance among the Board of Trustees, the University Senate, the Emory Alumni Board, the Student Government Association, and other constituencies of the University;
- Supporting intellectual engagement, community, and leadership throughout the University by facilitating communication and collaboration;
- Enhancing the traditions and practices of honorary degrees;
- Preserving institutional memory by maintaining the official record of the Board of Trustees and preparing for the future through strategic planning;
- Upholding Emory's mission to create, preserve, teach, and apply knowledge in the service of humanity.