End of Employment / Early Termination

Early termination is defined as cessation of employment more than 30 days before the end date of approved H-1B employment. Emory University has a legal obligation to notify USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) as soon as an employee is terminated if that termination occurs more than 30 days prior to the end date on the H-1B approval notice. Your department must contact ISSS in writing as soon as it has made a determination that your employment will be terminated:

We hope you enjoyed your stay at Emory, and, if you have decided to leave Emory, we invite you to take our exit survey. Your feedback is important to us, as we work to improve Emory as a destination for international scholars.