The Summer Intern Housing Program Manager serves as the chief administrator of the Summer Intern Housing Program (SIHP). The SIHP Manager interacts on a professional level with interns living in University housing during the summer, Clairmont Campus Summer Staff, the professional staff of Clairmont Campus, and handles multiple administrative tasks within the Office of Conference Services. This highly visible, high energy, full-time, live-in position reports to the Associate Director of Conference Services. During the summer months, the SIHP Manager will also be accountable to the Director of Clairmont Campus. The selected candidate will have his/her present skills and abilities challenged while developing new management and leadership capabilities within this demanding position.
The Office of Conference Services will hire one (1) SIHP Manager.
- Application deadline is 12.00PM November 2, 2016.
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Participation and facilitation of weekly staff meetings with Clairmont Campus Conferences staff and the Associate Director of Conference Services.
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with the Clairmont Campus professional staff, including the Clairmont Campus Associate Director, Complex Directors, and Residence Hall Directors. It is crucial to have excellent communication with the Clairmont Campus staff.
- Assistance in supervision and training of Clairmont Campus Conference staff. While summer staff report directly to the Associate Director, the SIHP Manager is expected to enforce policy and supervise the staff’s daily operations in regards to the Summer Intern Housing Program and Conference Services.
- Spring semester employment of 10-15 hours per week in the Office of Conference Services managing the processing of applications, room assignments and other duties pertinent to the preparation of SIHP.
- Ensuring that appropriate written confirmation materials are sent to all approved applicants for housing through SIHP prior to their arrival.
- Participating in interviewing and hiring of the Clairmont Campus Summer Staff and the Conference Services staff in the spring semester.
- Completing no less than 35 scheduled weekly office hours in the Clairmont Campus Conferences Office for the duration of SIHP (May 15, 2017 through August 15, 2017.) These hours will include some evenings and weekends depending on check-in/out times for various conferences.
- Provide tours of Clairmont Campus and its facilities to potential conference clients and SIHP guests.
- Providing a regular and consistent SIHP presence at the Clairmont Campus Conferences Office. The SIHP Manager will assist in creating a schedule to ensure adequate office hours staffed at the Clairmont Campus Conferences Office during evenings and weekends.
- Coordinating and supervising SIHP guest check-ins and check-outs, including the management of all registration materials.
- Orienting SIHP residents to the facilities and services available to them, as well as all applicable University policies.
- Facilitating and attending programs for SIHP and Summer School participants. Programs should occur once a month, familiarize participants with Emory, Atlanta, and Clairmont Campus, and foster a sense of community in line with the mission of the Offices of Residence Life and Housing Operations.
- Addressing the various needs of the program’s participants. This includes requests for apartment maintenance and repair services and reporting those problems to appropriate custodial and maintenance personnel in a timely fashion.
- Process lock changes and maintain an accurate apartment key and abuilding entrance card (prox car) inventory.
- Compiling a running list of all vacant apartments and notifying the Associate Director as apartments are available to be cleaned.
- Coordinating the inspection of all apartments in use for SIHP during the summer. These inspections will take place before SIHP participants move in, once in July, and after they move out.
- Managing SIHP billing procedures as well as maintaining accurate financial records on the account status of each participant. This includes collecting monthly rent payments and enforcing late rent payment policies.
- Compiling SIHP financial data into a revenue report each month.
- Working with Residence Life and Housing accountants to organize and facilitate the deposit of SIHP rent, including relaying accurate financial information to participants.
- Developing and maintaining written rosters, reports and records pertinent to SIHP operations. Updated rosters should be provided to Clairmont Campus support staff every two weeks.
- Communicating all requests for late interim housing to the Residence Life and Housing Operations staff (including, but not limited to, Associate Directors, Complex Directors, etc.)
- Assisting in the coordination and support of on-call responsibilities. On-call services are provided for emergencies and other guest assistance when the Clairmont Campus Conferences Office is closed.
- Serving on the Clairmont Campus on-call rotation with the Associate Director of Conferences.
- Communicating with mail services representatives to set up the SIHP mail room, assign mailboxes and ensure keys to access mail are provided to participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Back to Top
- A current Emory senior or graduate student in good academic and judicial standing. Current juniors may be considered, but must show exceptional maturity and potential. The selected applicant CANNOT enroll in summer course work, or take outside employment.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and ongoing programs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable skills in detail management, organization, and assertiveness.
- Familiarity with Emory’s residential facilities is helpful but not required.
- Experience with Windows 7, as well as typing, word processing, and database skills.
- Supervisory and/or management experience, especially with college-aged students.
- A valid driver’s license.
- All staff must take a Defensive Driving course during training if they do not have a current Defensive Driving certificate.
Back to Top
Dates of employment are Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Candidates who will not be able to stay through August 15 must include this information in their application. Additionally there will be a spring orientation session the selected applicant must attend.
The SIHP Manager will be allowed one four-day vacation period during the summer. The SIHP Manager must request this time at least two weeks in advance. Requests will be approved based upon the workload during the requested time period.
Back to Top
- A stipend of $4,500.00, paid in four monthly installments of $1,125.00. You will be paid on the last working day of May, June, July, and August. Since you are not considered a full-time student during the summer, you will be subject to all federal and state taxes, including FICA.
- An hourly rate will be paid for hours worked during the academic school semester.
- A furnished, private bedroom and bathroom at Clairmont Campus will be provided during time of summer employment. This also includes parking and membership at the Student Activities and Academics Center.
Back to Top
Please submit the following:
Back to Top
For additional information, please contact:
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-04274
Emory University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Back to Top