Emory University : Residence Life & Housing HOME  |  CONTACT  |  SEARCH  |  SITEMAP
menu top
About Us Undergraduate Housing Graduate Housing Clairmont Campus Employment Parents Customer Service Forms & Publications
Undergraduate Housing header picture
menu top
Homeowner's or Renter's Insurance

As the school year progresses, we wanted to be sure that students and families are aware of what our policies say about residents obtaining homeowner's and/or renter's insurance:

The University is not responsible for damage, loss, or theft of property in any residential facility (or for personal injury). Students are encouraged to obtain insurance through their parent’s or guardian’s insurance company or purchase individual renter’s insurance to cover possible losses.

To help you with your research, here are links to two insurance companies that market themselves to college campuses.

CSI Insurance Agency, Inc :: http://www.collegestudentinsurance.com
National Student Services, Inc :: http://nssi.com

Emory University is not in a position to recommend any particular company over another, nor do we endorse their services, but these two companies have developed successful reputations on college and university campuses around the country.

Along with these companies most other insurance companies which sell home owner's insurance will also sell "renter's insurance" to students in college residence halls. Families are encouraged to check with their own insurance companies to shop for the best deal.